The People Who Choose To Love Me

The People Who Choose To Love Me
This is my family. Watermark and all.

Friday, January 1, 2016

The Electric Champagne New Year's Test


We rang in the new year with a round of tasing each other's butts and arms, thanks to my brother who gifted me a taser gun last year for Christmas. Thanks, bro! This is also how my husband and I celebrated after we got married last year. Come to think about it, it's how we celebrate almost everything.

My neighbor/soul mate/diamond skulled bestie (here is my previous post about her if you have not read it yet) brought over some sham-PAG-knee-ya and although it looks and smells delicious, I have learned my lesson in years past with that rat poison dressed up like Brad Pitt and I did not partake.


Diamond Skull also brought over a game for the kids (but I really wanted to play and now I'm going to buy all of the supplies to create this game every chance I can). She bought about a hundred small trinkets and pieces of candy and EIGHT ROLLS OF CELLOPHANE TO WRAP THEM ALL UP IN. We also got a little creative and threw in a few empty candy wrappers and an old, flattened out cereal box to keep the kids on their toes as they tried to unravel the ball and retrieve treats. Each kid gets ten seconds to unravel the ball and they get to keep whatever treats fall off of it in their turn.


It was sort of like this, but filled with a billion items, and ten times bigger. There were suckers, chocolates, yo-yos, Frozen action figures, glow in the dark skeleton hands, those fart-in-a-can putty things, grow-in-water zombies, decks of cards, and a football. We also played circus music in the background as the kids unraveled it. It was perfect.


This year I have resolved not to make any resolutions because I am terrible at committing to them and then feel like crap for never following through. I think keeping up with the same blog for almost six months is a milestone so I'll just try to maintain focus on that and finish up nail tech school. I feel very at ease with what this new year will bring. Last year was filled with so much uncertainty and change and I'm hoping that everything will simmer down and smooth out this year and we will start feeling some sort of semblance of balance.

Happy New Year to all of my readers!! Tell me about what you did for your New Year celebration below!!




12 comments:

  1. ha ha! Love the sound of that activity! Can't wait until Clyde is older to do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok that cellophane ball...da bomb! My youngest is 12 and my oldest is almost 20 and my husband is 58. I'm certain fun is going to be had by all when I try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have big plans for the next one!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. After I drank last year's Christmas gift--a 22-oz bottle of Black Belle Imperial Stout--and some of this year's Christmas gift--a 12 year old single malt Scotch--the night was kind of a blur.
    Here's my resolution for the year to come: make a bunch of those tape balls and take them to the office holiday party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How does a person keep alcohol around for a whole year?! And if there were a more eco friendly way to make these things, I'd make one a day and leave them in random spots along the streets.

      Delete
    2. I kept the stout by continuously buying other less expensive varieties of alcohol to consume. How else do you save the good stuff for a special occasion?

      Kudos on the Ken Kesey reference by the way. I forgot to mention that earlier.

      Delete
  5. I don't make annual resolutions and I don't have anything exciting to share--we just had a quiet evening at home playing Monopoly (helpful hint-- it's a bazillion times more fun with booze). I have to tell you that the big ball o' Saran Wrap is intriguing. I think it would be fun to make though the practical Mom part of me is like, "That's so wasteful". However, the more fun side of me is like, "We could probably recycle the plastic afterwards". In any case, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same thought, Gina!! I used it all the pack away my xmas breakables! :D

      Delete
  6. First I read tasing as "tasting" and then I thought you married your brother. I shouldn't be allowed to read when I haven't slept at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just trying to keep you guys on your toes!

    ReplyDelete