The People Who Choose To Love Me

The People Who Choose To Love Me
This is my family. Watermark and all.

Friday, September 4, 2015

My Kids Went On Vacation So I Created My Own Headstone

I have been a mom for more than thirteen years. Weird things happen when my kids are not at home and nobody is asking me FORTY BILLION QUESTIONS.

My husband took the kids for the weekend and they literally left less than two hours ago and I have spent a good hour and fifteen minutes creating my own headstone on this website.

Here are the ones that made it to the finals...


These are a little drab so I hope my family has the ability and means to ask the headstone people for a splash of color...

The shrimp one is in case I die of food poisoning. 

Hopefully someone who loves me can channel me as a ghost and I will dictate the rest of it to them.


I have two more days without a husband to nag or kids to boss around. ALONE. So, the mason jar thing is happening whether they like treasure hunts OR NOT.

I'm pretty sure I should have called in to work and gone on vacation with the family because this is already shaping up to be a looooong weekend...



6 comments:

  1. This is freaking awesome. This post and the link to the website where you can make your own headstone. I showed my husband and son and we wasted some time clicking on the different choices. We were like, "Wouldn't it be funny to put the one with the giant football on mine?" (I of little to no sporting abilities). I can see how this could be a serious time waster. You might not get anything done this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These headstone people will really start to wonder where all this website traffic is coming from. Ha:) So glad you made it a family affair. I can't wait for my family to get home.

      Delete
  2. 1. I don't have my glasses on and for an incredulous second I thought your name was Svagina.

    2. If you put a hashtag on your gravestone, I will have to kill you. Or not kill you... that makes more sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I don't have my glasses on and for an incredulous second I thought your name was Svagina.

    2. If you put a hashtag on your gravestone, I will have to kill you. Or not kill you... that makes more sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hashtag was supposed to be ironic. I tried it out a couple times when it was still a big deal and it's just really not for me. Also, "Svagina" was a nickname of mine in high school even though I held out until midway through junior high. Oh! And, it's actually brought up in my BOOK that I'm compiling!

      Delete
    2. Whoa!! Just reread this and I meant MY JUNIOR YEAR... Mid way through my junior YEAR. Not junior high. Holy crap...

      Delete